To house a washing machine on a hallway landing. 2 problems to solve; first was how to make a frame front with as little gaps as possible to stop too much noise escaping from the machine in use. The answer was to scribe and permanently fix an outer frame to the wall with the complete door frame removable via 3 screws. The join was hidden by a pencil beading.
The second problem was a window behind the unit which was lower than the worktop height. Usual practice leaves an unsightly gap and unresolved look; I got round this by making a false cill and upright moulding and cut a slot in the existing architrave so it could fit in and give the look of a normal window frame! only thing giving it away was the horizontal sash bar on the window.
To work sympathetically with the Victorian features the house, and to line up exactly with the lovely floor tiling!
Unobtrusive shelves and desk, to look as if they’re floating.
Shelves were made as a box construction with hidden battens
Contemporary sliding door media unit to house player and a projector which can be swung out into position for use.
Tongue , Groove and Bead panelling to be fitted to underside of new staircase. To include hanging rail at tall end and shoe rack/drawer at lower end
Hanging space required in the sloping area below a velux window in new loft conversion.
Centre section to have an Ikea set of drawers
Side units to have hanging rails and to retain access to loft hatches
Storage to be built into an awkward sloping space with roof beams and a radiator in the ‘wrong ‘ place.
I decided to put a frame around the radiator so the transition from outside to inside the cupboard looked intentional. Then i came up with the idea to use the radiator to heat inside the cupboard via openings and slots within the unit, effectively making it a drying or airing cupboard, with slatted centre shelves.
The radiator, which went all the way to the back of the unit , boxed in to visually connect it to the rest of the unit.
Floor to ceiling storage using bought Ikea wardrobe carcasses and an old Ikea shelving unit cut down
Old shelving unit cut down and framed with pine (to be painted)
Two double wardrobe carcasses with custom units above
Remove old T&G paneling and replace with added storage drawers to lower section
Drawer frame going into place
Fully extending drawers
Original pantry with shelves in a 1950s house in need of update.
There was a mains gas pipe around the interior of the pantry to be avoided, and control panels at the top of the cupboard to be accessed regularly.
I decided to make two thirds height as really deep drawers to make the most of the pantry depth, then the last third would be accessed by doors, to keep kitchen equipment and cereals etc
The original shelving
door removed and shelves stripped out.
Frame and drawers fitted.
700mm deep drawers mean huge amounts of very accessible storage space compared to original shelving.